24 Class no 3675 on Magaliesburg Branch in 1994 (video)

Post pictures of FOTR trips and events - screenshots or photographs - 800x600 pixels. Maximum size 130k. They will eventually be pruned, so make sure you have copies on your hard drive if you want to keep them.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

24 Class no 3675 on Magaliesburg Branch in 1994 (video)

Post by John Ashworth »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aKmf4l73U
Trevor wrote:Join us as we ride the mixed from Pretoria to Magaliesburg behind 24 Class No. 3675. This video represents a few "firsts" for me... My first attempt at filming a train (no tripod, random zooming!), my first trip with Friends of the Rail - a group I was to get heavily involved with over the next 10 years, and my first steam cabride! Although the quality of this clip is not that good, this line is now gone and the loco is rusting at Voorbaai...
Mike Haslam
Site Admin

Re: 24 Class no 3675 on Magaliesburg Branch in 1994 (video)

Post by Mike Haslam »

Historical footage! Nice to see the Dadford brothers looking so young and Cliffie Petzer in those snazzie shorts and socks.

For a first video, it was good Trevor. I enjoyed travelling with you, in cinema, on that line. Brings back memories.

I wonder if the railways will ever get its act together enough to have trains running on that line again.
\ ^ /
0 Turtle
/ v \

wame nuttauwadtuongash

Return to “FOTR Trips and Events”