Railway Track Signs

For discussions on stations, signals, and infrastructure in Southern Africa. Any photos should be posted in the "South Africa - Photo Gallery" Forum below.
Hermann Kuhne

Railway Track Signs

Post by Hermann Kuhne »

Following the wonderful response I had regarding the signal lights used on the Pietmaritzburg line, I again need some help.
I would appreciate it if someone could give me some info on the various track sign boards used on our railway routes. Signs like speed restrictions, whistle boards etc. and the correct placement (distances) of these sign boards - if possible. Would appreciate it!
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Re: Railway Track Signs

Post by Steve Appleton »

Hermann, I will prepare and send you the information you require in the next day or so.
"To train or not to train, that is the question"
Hermann Kuhne

Post by Hermann Kuhne »

Steve, I appreciate it! Would be a great help.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Steve, when you've put it all together can you post it on the forum? I'm sure others would be interested. I'm currently studying my driver's manual and it looks like the various boards (whistle, watering, warning, speed restriction, etc) are not all in one place in the manual so good luck collecting them together!
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Yes indeed - post them here Steve. The kind of reference material we do need on the Forum.
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Post by Steve Appleton »

I will when I get some time to create a cohesive document.
"To train or not to train, that is the question"
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Do not let this stuff interfer with the more important things - lying by the pool wioth cocktails, bush trips, check-ups etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “South Africa - Stations, Signals and Infrastructure”