Steaming Reefly

Photos of Reefsteamers! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Derek Walker

Steaming Reefly

Post by Derek Walker »

I paid my occasional visit to Reefsteamers to catch up on the windows and shot a few pics.
The cab side of the 25NC Ellize. She is disconnected from her tender at the moment.
The cab side of the 25NC Ellize. She is disconnected from her tender at the moment.
backcab.jpg (160.76 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
Its not often you find a loco away from her tender, but I caught this one on camera.
All that is left of the coal stage at Germiston
All that is left of the coal stage at Germiston
stage.jpg (183.13 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
The remnants of the coal stage at Germiston.
Reefsteamers has had her for a few months, possibly she came from Springs or Witbank or a mine
Reefsteamers has had her for a few months, possibly she came from Springs or Witbank or a mine
newisholdloco.jpg (104.6 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
One of Reefsteamers newer old locos
Rusty Rosie
Rusty Rosie
rustyrosie.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
And finally, tucked away in the shed is "Rusty Rosie".
Class 12R 1947. I told her I would post her pic because she too hopes one day to run again, but until that day she watches class 12AR 1535 Susan and yearns for the good old days. Susan is even using some of her bits.
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops
Chris Janisch

Re: Steaming Reefly

Post by Chris Janisch »

15F is 3135 from Springs. Good prestige engine which in 1990 hauled the Trans-Karoo singleheaded to Klerksdorp on 20 coaches and made time.

Return to “Reefsteamers”