Yet more of Trainman's past trains

Photos of South African Railways (SAR/SAS),Soornet or TFR Steam Motive Power! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Yet more of Trainman's past trains

Post by John Ashworth »

Photos and captions by Nathan Berelowitz
Attachments
Whilst the railways of Rhodesia were having a motive power shortage, many class GMAM were sent up there for a while. After returning from Bulawayo to Capital Park, they were put into service on construction trains and with a bit of a push, were placed on the Cullinan line. Seen here before the 06:15 departure is GMAM 4061 and the Fireman Nathan with his wife's name "LINDIE" on the bunker. Only this side of the loco was cleaned for the photographers, otherwise these locomotives were dirty. 1981
Whilst the railways of Rhodesia were having a motive power shortage, many class GMAM were sent up there for a while. After returning from Bulawayo to Capital Park, they were put into service on construction trains and with a bit of a push, were placed on the Cullinan line. Seen here before the 06:15 departure is GMAM 4061 and the Fireman Nathan with his wife's name "LINDIE" on the bunker. Only this side of the loco was cleaned for the photographers, otherwise these locomotives were dirty. 1981
SAR GMAM CULLINAN.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
Myself at night at Cullinan in the GMAM 4061.
Myself at night at Cullinan in the GMAM 4061.
SAR GMAM CULLINAN ME IN CAB.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
Double header class 19D nearing Swartspruit on a late afternoon mixed to De Moot to collect sand which is excavated there. The lead locomotive, albeit with a long tender, is in fact 2650 which is one of FOTR's mainstay locomotives. She finished her SAR service when withdrawn with a short box tender. 1979
Double header class 19D nearing Swartspruit on a late afternoon mixed to De Moot to collect sand which is excavated there. The lead locomotive, albeit with a long tender, is in fact 2650 which is one of FOTR's mainstay locomotives. She finished her SAR service when withdrawn with a short box tender. 1979
SAR DOUBLE 19D.jpg (75.4 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Yet more of Trainman's past trains

Post by John Ashworth »

Nathan wrote:Hi John, thanks for the postings. I made a caption mistake with the double header 19D photos. The second loco is 2650, not the first!!

Return to “SAR/SAS/Spoornet/TFR”