Pictures of FOTR's first "trial run" of a pssenger train from our new site at Hermanstad on 27th July 2008
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Photos and captions by Nathan Berelowitz 27th July 2008
- Shunter Steve Smith about to start the morning's shuntwork. The class 24 has just pushed back into the new FOTR site at Hercules, and part of the day's work was to place the DZ wagon for off loading, and to relocate the withdrawn 15F locomotive 3094 from Capital Park. Later that day, the 24 will work the first new site departure of the monthly Tshwane Explorer
- Herculesfirst Tshwanetrainjuly27.2008 012.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
- Ready for Retirement. A sad looking 3094 class 15F is propelled to her new retirement home at Hercules new site, by her long time friend "JoAnna", the class 24. This is part of the FOTR relocation from Capital Park to this site.
- Herculesfirst Tshwanetrainjuly27.2008 014.jpg (54.41 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
- The stubby 24 class pushes her load up the steeeep grades into the new site at Hercules. The 15F was being relocated from Capital Park, and the DZ wagon, filled with spare material, will soon be off-loaded.
- Herculesfirst Tshwanetrainjuly27.2008 015.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 1089 times