Kenya Steam (and apologies: also Diesel) photographs 2011

Steam motive power and operations in the rest of Africa
Michael Bleckmann

Kenya Steam (and apologies: also Diesel) photographs 2011

Post by Michael Bleckmann »

Dear John,
please allow me to use this public space to to thank you, David, Kevin, and all other unknown steam-team members for the efforts to keep steam running during our visit in May. As we have seen during the days with you, it wasn´t always an easy task for the men behind and in front of the locomotives. I have uploaded the first batches of photographs, coming from myself and members of my group. As you can see, the majority of them shows "diesel locomotives" and "people" because we simply didn´t had that many opportunities to take photographs of the three steamers in satisfying quality. Something that we would like to change next year...

This is the link: http://www.tanago.de/erlebnisreisen/en/ ... a-2011.php

More photographs (also steam) will be added in the next days!

Thanks again,
Michael

P.S.: it is difficult to mention everybody who has been involved in this enterprise, but I need to thank also Geoff W and Isaac M for their tremendous efforts to keep the trains and the tour running!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Kenya Steam (and apologies: also Diesel) photographs 201

Post by John Ashworth »

Thanks, Michael, for your comments and for the great pictures. As you say, it wasn't always easy, but you really got some superb photos. Thanks for posting them on FOTR.

Return to “Rest of Africa - Steam Motive Power”