Class 25 on Kimberley Station

Photos of locomotives and stock plinthed - can be steam, electric, diesel locomotives or other stockn items! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away eventually to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Stefan Andrzejewski

Class 25 on Kimberley Station

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

These photos were taken about five years ago and as a plinthed Loco she still looked okay. My son is also train mad. He is now 18
Attachments
P1010005.JPG
P1010004.JPG
P1010002.JPG
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Re: Class 25 on Kimberley Station

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Interesting plaque - never seen that before. Any other engines with these?
Stefan Andrzejewski

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

No. Coming though with Premier Classe at 11pm in Feb this year, that side of the station was in total darkness so I could not see. When we were there, a Sunday afternoon, the museum was closed.
Dylan Knott

Post by Dylan Knott »

Those type of numberplates have been around for a while. 19D 2683 was first seen with them in 1996. I think these were meant to replace the original plates. Most do not seem to be brass either.

3411 was overhauled not long before plinthing. Why doesn't S2000 swap one of their locos for this one.
Nathan Berelowitz

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

I was given the order years ago, to recast the museum loco cabsides in aluminium, and have the lettering "TRANSNET NATIONAL COLLECTION". I think we did the GL in brass as per original style, but any TNC plate was cast on orders to myself. I dont do castings anymore, and in fact had a friend who took them to the foundry.

Return to “Plinthed Locos”