Original 15F oil painting for 3117 appeal

3117 had an accident on the 20th of June 2010 and as a result we have launched an appeal. Please post ANYTHING related to the incident, the recovery and the Appeal here! Photos (usual rules - 800 by 600 pixels, 135kb max) and docs can also be posted.
Andrew Giffen

Original 15F oil painting for 3117 appeal

Post by Andrew Giffen »

Hi all,

We all dream about lottery wins that would allow us to donate large sums of money to get 15F 3117 back on her feet, alas they tend to remain dreams. So we contribute what we can. Sittings thousand of miles away, I can’t unfortunately don overalls and contribute elbow grease but hopefully the skills I do have can make a difference:

These are low definition pics of my original oil painting – “A Study of South African Railways class 15F at Bloemfontein - circa 1977”, depicted with a rake of steel carriages. I can send high definition pictures if required - giffen_andrew@yahoo.co.uk. If you are in the UK, you are welcome to visit to view the painting first.

Description:

The scene attempts to capture not only the technical detail of the locomotive, but also something of the atmosphere of a late Free State afternoon. It has been necessary to use some artistic license in the interests of composition, but the view is essentially from the end of platform 4 looking more or less north. The locomotive is at platform 5, with a southbound train setting off for Kimberly. Driver and fireman exchange a last few words with the railway policeman while waiting for the road, while a wheeltapper starts his walk down the carriages. A small boy in Khaki shorts and his minder watches the mighty locomotive simmering in anticipation of the impending departure.

Size of original 100cm x 50cm (approx 40” x 20”).

Fund raising starts with full size signed limited edition prints at 150 GBP total per print:

- If I receive at least 20x orders and 50 GBP each (cost price per print) as deposit, I will purchase a print run of full-size archive quality prints. (See supplier http://www.thedotfoundry.co.uk)
- I will dispatch each print individually to the buyer once FotR confirms they have received the balance of 100 GBP (my cost price of 50 GBP includes P&P)

At the same time, FotR 3117 fund will take bids directly for the original (frame included – as pictured) – with only one caveat: if there is enough interest for the limited edition prints, it can only de dispatched once the printer has made the copy. Reserve price for the original: 800 GBP, to be paid directly to FotR 3117 fund, who will notify me of the highest bidder. I will then courier the original to the purchaser using an international courier.

If anyone would like to commission a similar railway scene of their choosing, this can be done, and again all proceeds will be paid directly to FotR 3117 fund. Please contact me by email to discuss details on giffen_andrew@yahoo.co.uk[attachment=5]15Fmainphotosmall.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]15Fwalltwo.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]15Fcloseupfront.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]15Fcloseupwheels.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]15Fcloseupdistant.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]15Fmainphotosmall.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
15Fwallone.jpg
15Fwallone.jpg (97.94 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
15Fcloseupdistant.jpg
15Fcloseupdistant.jpg (128.01 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
15Fcloseupwheels.jpg
15Fcloseupwheels.jpg (143.92 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
15Fcloseupfront.jpg
15Fcloseupfront.jpg (128.72 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
15Fwalltwo.jpg
15Fwalltwo.jpg (104.43 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
15Fmainphotosmall.jpg
15Fmainphotosmall.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Original 15F oil painting for 3117 appeal

Post by John Ashworth »

Thanks, Andrew, for this generous offer. Someone from the FOTR Board will get back to you as soon as possible on this.
Andrew Giffen

Post by Andrew Giffen »

Hi John, thank you. I can do the painting part but I can't do the marketing so I'll leave the ball in your court. Let me know if you need higher definition photos or anything.
cheers
andrew
Chris Janisch

Post by Chris Janisch »

Wonderful gesture. We will publicize this.

Thanks!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

On sar-L, Andrew wrote:Some updates to this initiative:

1- the reserve price for the original has been met at 800GBP, congratulations
FotR. FotR will still be taking any bids above this amount.

2- for those who would like one of the 20 archive quality limited edition
prints, the arrangement has been vastly simplified: all you need to do is
contact FotR - please see website http://www.friendsoftherail.com for all contact
details - and arrange payment of 150GBP directly to them. (no need to send me
any money)

Here's wishing you all a fine festive season.

regards,
andrew
jimmyanderson

Post by jimmyanderson »

Text deleted by moderator
Go through the db2 certification dumps design tutorial.

Return to “FOTR - 3117 15F Accident and Appeal”