3. N Scale Bedroom Layout - Update on Basics

A Forum that is covering a build of a South African N Gauge layout by Fidel Naidoo.
Fidel Naidoo

3. N Scale Bedroom Layout - Update on Basics

Post by Fidel Naidoo »

Update :
Attachments
zzz4.jpg
zzz4.jpg (197.75 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
zzz3.jpg
zzz3.jpg (194.76 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
zzz2.jpg
zzz2.jpg (176.41 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
zzz1.jpg
zzz1.jpg (137.65 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Re: N Scale layout - Entire bedroom

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Thanks for the update Fidelity.

I designed some modular paper models for a friend in HO - these were to enable the construction of a squatter camp,with of course masses and masses of buildings.

If you would like (in the New Year as I do not have a pc at home at the moment) I can rescale them for you. Or if you are in JHB I can quickly build a whole lot for you....

Up to you!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

If you scale them for N-gauge, Kevin, I'd love to have the template too! Thanks!
Kevin Wilson-Smith

OK - I'll scale them in the new year for you when I get a new PC.

I have done them in such a way that they are easy to assemble rapidily and are modular in the sense they have mix and match windows, doors and roofs, so you can get as much variety as possible. They are simple models, but can be made far mor detailled if required - say for the foreground.
Fidel Naidoo

Post by Fidel Naidoo »

Kevin,

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll happily take you up on it in the New year. The layout has to segue from city in the front left to rural in the back run, and a squatter camp would be ideal on the rural outskirts.

I came into work yesterday morning, only to find it was a public holiday. ( I genuinely didn't know ). OK, so I did some work for 2 hours, and then went home to complete the tracks on phase 1. ( Three times around the layout on the 'up' line ). This was a bonus to me. In spite of how carefully I laid track, there are some small but serious issues, like an old set of points that derail anything above walking speed, and a rise that goes from flat to up too sudden, so the coaches de-couple.
All will be sorted.

Phase 2 is obviously going to be the parallel 'down' line.
Phase 3 the line that doubles back to change trains from the 'up' to 'down' and viceversa.
Phase 4 : city shunting yard.
Phase 5 city station - based on platforms 23 and 24 of CT station, with loco depot, and Monument Station :- board will be placed right to the edge of the doorway.

Kevin, I'm in CT, unfortunately.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

I also was about to depart to work along with my other half. Seemed a bit quiet though and we found out befoe leaving the house!

I am sure a lot of other people were also caught!

Return to “N Scale Entire Bedroom Layout”