The Future of Trains... 2013 SA rail calendar

Announcements and News about Friends of the Rail. Photos can be posted here.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

The Future of Trains... 2013 SA rail calendar

Post by John Ashworth »

Trainman wrote:The Future of trains and the railway in South Africa, can be a permanent memory of what was and what is. So easy to do and simple.

No fuss, no mess no rants and raves just good awesome incredible images of our favourite subject matter. This could only be possible by perseverance, year after year and without a doubt from the kind services of some of the top people in this field!

WTF is this all about? Got any loose change, say R60?

Contact me off line to see what 2013 is all about. Hanging around, hanging about! Work it out!

Ok, the 2013 full colour awesome brilliant and magnificent wall hanging A3 size two months to a page calendar is OUT, but could be IN...your possession!

Get me at nbtrainman@gmail.com.

No, this is not an advert, just an announcement for the Oilimpiks!

IseethefutureTrainman
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: The Future of trains...

Post by John Ashworth »

Trainman wrote:So, South Africa has got three gold medals so far with the Olympics. Save on air fare and expenses. All you have to do is get rid of a measly R60!!!

I can offer gold too, golden glints off magnificent steam locomotives, golden memories of a time gone by, flavoured with some current events and tantalising trains. You just have to see this to believe it. Get yours now and stay gold with memories for more time than the Olympics.

Heres a clue to this subliminal message...Lets sing together now: January, February, March...!!!!!

Contact me privately for the rest of this picturesque songsheets!

MondayTuesdayTrainman
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Trainman wrote:Two local railway enthusiasts, yes you do find them still, have recently been passed out as steam, yes there is still active preserved steam, locomotive drivers.

Hats off and hands together for Anthony "Tony" Attwell and Gabor Kovacs who passed their practical exams on a Friends Of The Rail, yes they do still operate, Cullinan train excursion on August the 11th.

This train was also filmed by a TV production company for a programme " PASELLA", to be aired later in September 2012.

Wonderfull news and even better to mark excursion train dates on a 2013 steam train calendar, if you had one!

Cheers,
uptodateTrainman
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Trainman wrote:There are still some of the brilliant memory jogger full colour Railways South Africa calendars for 2013 available. I see many of those who post and ponder have still not made an effort to get one of these. No good bemoaning the rails when you can hang this product on the wall at your home or office or informal settlement and vent your frustrations of what was and applaud and admire what is!

Out with the electronic steam powered money transfers and postal orders and cheques and so on. Why, even in Springfontein, word has gotten out that there is more to a wall than a Dying Swan!!

Ok, get me off air, you want it, you know where. Hurry before its too late and we are left with barren ballast!

Still hanginTrainman
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

The calendar gets a mention in Railways Africa (attached)
Attachments
RA-Issue 4 [Jul & Aug] 2012_LR_Heritage.pdf
(552.64 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Nathan Berelowitz

Re: The Future of Trains... 2013 SA rail calendar

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Saw that thanks John.

Return to “FOTR - Announcements and News”