Central Vermont Steam

Steam motive power and operations in the Americas.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Central Vermont Steam

Post by John Ashworth »

For Turtle!

https://sites.google.com/site/centralve ... comotives/

NB: This site has a complicated way of getting around. Go to Sitemap, click on the icon with horizontal lines, and then it gives you a list of pages to click on. Maybe there's a simpler way that I have missed.
Ian Roberts

Re: Central Vermont Steam

Post by Ian Roberts »

A very nice site, confusing to navigate, as you say, possibly a result of the original format.
You can see, in the later locomotives the Canadian National parentage although they were built in the USA.
I will be back to this site when I have more time, always hopeful that he will have some of the much lamented Rutland Railway in the same area.
Ian
Mike Haslam
Site Admin

Re: Central Vermont Steam

Post by Mike Haslam »

Thanks John. If only there was still steam around here. There re some lovely scenic lines to travel and here in Vermont it would be a fireman's challenge as every road goes uphill!

The Rutland Railway tracks ran not far from where I now live. I have read a book on the RR and it is most interesting. Alas, long abandoned.

Fortunately, there still is another line - one you have traveled on with Amtrack - from Rutland to Whitehall which then joins the main line South for New York, Penn Station. You can tell where the changeover point is (well almost) because from inside the carriage the sound changes from clickty-clack to silent - where welded rail takes over.
\ ^ /
0 Turtle
/ v \

wame nuttauwadtuongash

Return to “North/Central/South America - Steam Motive Power”