Railways in Southern Africa 150 Years

News on new books - local and international. News and reviews on magazines as well!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Railways in Southern Africa 150 Years

Post by John Ashworth »

I can't believe we haven't already mentioned this book on the FOTR forum. Have I missed something? I already have my own copy, courtesy of Kevin who picked up a copy for me in exchange for a copy of Steve Mills A Railway to Nowhere: The Building of the Lunatic Line 1896-1901, about the Uganda Railway.
Werna Maritz wrote:Railways in Southern Africa 150 Years (Locomotives and Trains)

A hard cover 416 page book, beautifully illustrated and printed on glossy paper. a Certain must for every railway enthusiast

Here is a beautiful book that portrays the history of South Africa’s railways in the ultimate pictorial and written record of all times. This is an extensive coverage of locomotives and trains, not only of those in South Africa alone but also in neighbouring countries. The book contains many black and white and coloured photographs and is believed to be the most comprehensive technical book on this subject.

See attachments.

Other books about Railways in Southern Africa are the Ysterwiele series as well as the book of Boon Boonzaaier, Tracks across the veld/Spore oor die veld.
Attachments
Book order form.doc
(367.5 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Cover vers 5.pdf
(578.63 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

Return to “Book/Magazine News”