Man wants to build a miniature Gautrain.

Miniature Railway Engineering news and views!
Derek Walker

Man wants to build a miniature Gautrain.

Post by Derek Walker »

This article appeared in my local Roodpoort Record of 17 July 2009
roodepoortrec.jpg
roodepoortrec.jpg (181.17 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
In effect it says(excuse my rough translation). "A 72 year old train fanatic's goal is to build a replica of the Gautrain.
When pensioner Neuesel Klee is not busy in his house or garden he practises his hobby. The bulding of miniature trains. He builds steam, electric and diesel locomotives. These are 100% scale models. "I do not use any woodworking machinery, everything is handmade.
The whole train consists of wood, except for the wheels, spokes and copper pipes."
He tells how he was browsing through one of his many trainbooks and came up with the idea of building one himself. Neusel worked for 22 years at the railways, the last 11 as a driver. His first miniature, a diesel locomotive, was completed in 1972. Union Carriage in Nigel discovered that it was accurate and to scale. The only fault was that there were no nuts and bolts.
His interest grew and he went on to build a 15BR steam engine, The Red Devil, The Drakensburg, the Blue Train and many more.
It takes about 2 months to complete one and he admits he gets his passion from God......"

Apparently his models will be on display on 7 October at the hobbies show held at the NG Church in Florida Park.
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops

Return to “Miniature Railway Engineering”