The trains in my son’s Thomas podcast ranked by how much I hate them

No politics, no smut or crudeness, etc !!!! Just Railway-related jokes and humour......
John Ashworth
Site Admin

The trains in my son’s Thomas podcast ranked by how much I hate them

Post by John Ashworth »

All the trains in my son’s train podcast ranked by how much I hate them
Every parent of a young child in lockdown either knows this fact or is about to learn it: you don’t get to choose where they find their joy.

For example, my two and half year old son likes to listen to the Thomas and Friends Storytime podcast. It is, by some margin, his favourite thing to do. By a similar margin, the opening “toot toot” of the podcast is my least favourite sound on the entire planet, which now activates my fight or flight reflex every time I hear it. But due to some quirk of evolution, I find myself unable to deny my boy his train show, as it gives him the kind of happiness unattainable to adults without the use of class-A drugs.

Nonetheless, I am genuinely confronted by how much I hate this show and the trains therein. Some of this can be chalked up to entering our fourth week of lockdown with no end in sight. Most of it can be chalked up to Thomas and Friends Storytime being a bad show about trains who I hate...

Return to “Jokes and Assorted Humour”