"View active topics" disappeared

If your question hasn't been answered in the the "Frequently Asked Questions Forum" above, then post your query here. From time to time relevant questions (with the answers) will be moved to the FAQ Forum above.

Moderators: John Ashworth, Mike Haslam

Craig Duckham

"View active topics" disappeared

Post by Craig Duckham »

My - View Active Topics is no longer working.

Anybody know why?
Aidan McCarthy

Re: Connection problems and frequent re-logins

Post by Aidan McCarthy »

I also have the problem with the View active topics option, started this morning.
Aidan McCarthy

See more of my railway photos at http://mccarthyam.rrpicturearchives.net/
Craig Duckham

Post by Craig Duckham »

Have had the problem for a few days. I use Firefox, so decided to try it in Chrome but still the same result.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

"View active topics" has stopped working since Steve upgraded the software. We think everything else is working fine but would be grateful to be alerted to any other glitches. Steve is aware of the problem and is working on it. "View new topics" and the other menu items all appear to work fine.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: "View active topics" disappeared

Post by John Ashworth »

I'm happy to announce that Steve seems to have solved the problem.

In the older version of the software, all active topics appeared by default in "View active topics". In the newer version the default setting is for active topics not to appear unless they are in a sub-forum which has been individually activated by administrators. We don't know why.

So, your devoted administrators are now slavishly going through every sub-forum changing the settings. It will take a while before we get them all done, but we're trying to do some of the more popular and active sub-fora first and we'll get there in the end.

Apologies for the glitch.

Return to “FOTR Forum Help”