45. December 2008 - Righthand spiral rail bed test fit....

A Forum that is covering a build of a European HO layout at the Model Train Exchange.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

45. December 2008 - Righthand spiral rail bed test fit....

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Having put the supports in place (Part 43) the rail bed is then put in pace so it can be tested for fit....... It is a sort of open spiral - all will become clear in Part 46!!!!
Photo 1 - Clamped on rail bed

Photo 2 - Measuring heights

Photo 3 - Rail bed adjustment

Photo 4 - Rail bed adjustment
Attachments
map.jpg
Tom Macrery

Re: 45. December 2008 - Righthand spiral rail bed test fit....

Post by Tom Macrery »

Kevin, I forget if you mentioned this, and I only think of asking now; Where is all of this taking place? It looks like it's in a model shop. Thanks, Tom
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Tom - the layout is being built at the Model Train Exchange in Randburg.

Here......

http://www.friendsoftherail.com/phpBB2/ ... =197&t=997

and

http://www.friendsoftherail.com/phpBB2/ ... =197&t=988

The people who run it are model train enthusiasts, and when it was time for a new layout they decided to do in the shop so people could come and try out trains before they buy, show them what was wrong with locos for repair etc . etc. Hence the reason also for making the layout dual control - digital and analogue.

Despite the above above, it is not a commercial build, but is being carried out by a group of private individuals who are giving their time and skills as necessary. Actually a good decision as this has provided the impetus to keep the project going - one suspects that if it was back at the house it would still have a lot to go.

The only restraining factor is money - from time to time - as it remains a hobby project.

Do you ever come through to Jhb Tom? If you want to come through on a Saturday morning I will meet you and take you through..........
Tom Macrery

Post by Tom Macrery »

Thanks, Kevin. I obviously missed your two postings of Jan 2008. I'll keep the address in mind if and when I ever get to JBH, which is seldom. Thanks, Tom

Return to “MTE Model Railway Layout Build #1 - HO European Layout.”