Rodepoort station plinthed Loco

Photos of locomotives and stock plinthed - can be steam, electric, diesel locomotives or other stockn items! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away eventually to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Derek Walker

Rodepoort station plinthed Loco

Post by Derek Walker »

I dashed off really early this morning and shot a few shots of the loco at Roodepoort station. Surprisingly enough there is still a plaque on her, but its obscured by a makeshift plastic roof erected by the local purveyor of suspicious vegetables. What I can glean from the plaque is...

Loco 750, classs 10BR, Built 1910, entered service 1910, withdrawn 1972, built by North British Loco Co Ltd.

She is in suprisingly good condition, if somewhat festooned by the usual hawker detritus and rubbish. I couldnt get into the cab because it was currently "occupied". If anybody does want larger copies of these pics for the record please drop me a message.
roodeloco 011.jpg
roodeloco 011.jpg (174.36 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
roodeloco 015.jpg
roodeloco 015.jpg (188.54 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
roodeloco 021.jpg
roodeloco 021.jpg (153 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops

Return to “Plinthed Locos”