Info - Where is the layout?

A Forum that is covering a build of a European HO layout at the Model Train Exchange.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Info - Where is the layout?

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Couple of people have asked where the layout is, so they can go and have a look.

At the Model Train Exchange in Randburg. See the map below. Note that they have moved fron where they used to be.

Open during normal business hours.
Attachments
Image4.jpg
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Info - Where is the layout?

Post by John Ashworth »

Not in Costa Blanca?! See Image
Model railways in the sun
January 9, 2008

Model railway fans can combine their hobby with a holiday in the sun following the opening of a exhibition centre in the Costa Blanca region of Spain.

The Model Railway Exhibition Centre was opened by the Catral Model Railway group in November and welcomes anybody who wants to try to drive the trains.

As part of the experience, visitors can receive full tuition before manning the controls, courtesy of the railway club.

The centre offers hobbyists a space where they can build their own layouts or the opportunity to contribute to the maintenance and expansion of the existing model railway exhibit.

Based on the period between the late 1950s and 1970s, the exhibit The Four Mills Model Railway is 24 metres long and four metres wide.

And the layout design, its scenes and stations, is based on the UK so hobbyists away from home dont get homesick, though a new layout planned for 2008 is set to be based on the Spanish San Isidro station.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

What an excellent idea for hobbyists in the sun. I cannot think of anything nicer - relaxing during the day, with a spot of modeling in between!
Derek Walker

Post by Derek Walker »

I was at MTE and was able to try get a few pics but the trains were not co-operating that day so got lots of pics of rails... I was fortunate enough to pick up an almost complete n-gauge set for less that the cost of a loco so having been visiting there quite often to buy goodies for my own set.
mte01.jpg
mte01.jpg (108.7 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
mte02.jpg
mte02.jpg (99.78 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops

Return to “MTE Model Railway Layout Build #1 - HO European Layout.”