Rovos 20th b-day fire dancing

Photos of Rovos Rail! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
HenryLazenby

Rovos 20th b-day fire dancing

Post by HenryLazenby »

I attended Rovos' 20th birthday celebrations and was treated to a stylish party on their platform, as well as a line-up of three lit-up 25NCs and 3360 parading past. Here's a pic or two of the fire dancing. We were also treated to a trip around Pretoria Central.
Attachments
3533 King Zog stands in for a photo shoot of guests. The photographs where framed and given to guests after the train returned. Henry Lazenby
3533 King Zog stands in for a photo shoot of guests. The photographs where framed and given to guests after the train returned. Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
Henry Lazenby
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Rovos 20th b-day fire dancing

Post by John Ashworth »

Thanks, Henry. Nice to see your pictures starting to appear on the forum.
Derek Walker

Post by Derek Walker »

Great pics! I noticed one loco was called "King Zog", does that mean the crew of it are Zogettes?

Seriously tho, King Zog of Albania used to travel on the North Atlantic liners and was always accompanied by his retinue and I believe his children who were fondly reffered to as The Zogettes.
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops
Chris Janisch

Post by Chris Janisch »

Interesting. Zog is Rohan's dog's name. The next loco may be called Wolf after his favourire animal.
Anyway, good to see you here Mr Lazenby!

Return to “ROVOS Rail”