Main website display problems

Any suggestions, comments, questions, or feedback on the FOTR website or forum?
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Main website display problems

Post by Steve Appleton »

It has been reported to me that the FOTR main website pages display with the top red header offset by up to 10cm left or right. I have looked into this and it seems that this is some sort of aberration that ocurs in the newly released version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) browser. The pages display fine using any other browser, such as Mozilla Firefox (my default browser), Google Chrome and Apple Safari 4.
Rest assured that nothing has changed within the website. This seems to be a classic case of Microsoft-itis! Reloading the page in IE8's "compatibility mode" appears to temporarily correct the problem. To do this, click the "broken page" icon at the right side of the location field (where you enter the web address), just left of the double arrows "reload" button.
I generally use Firefox as my default browser and recommend that viewers should consider it seriously, although I note that Safari seems lightning fast compared to all the opposition.
"To train or not to train, that is the question"
Tom Macrery

Re: Main website display problems

Post by Tom Macrery »

Indeed clicking on 'Compatibility View' solved the problem. Thanks Steve.

Return to “FOTR - Website and Forum Feedback - Your Suggestions and Questions !”