Nobody hurt in Father's Day train accident

3117 had an accident on the 20th of June 2010 and as a result we have launched an appeal. Please post ANYTHING related to the incident, the recovery and the Appeal here! Photos (usual rules - 800 by 600 pixels, 135kb max) and docs can also be posted.
HenryLazenby

Nobody hurt in Father's Day train accident

Post by HenryLazenby »

My absolute sincerest heartfelt condolences and sympathy goes out to all Pretoria steam enthusiasts after 3117's involvement in today's severe derailment at Cullinan. Thank the Heavens that nobody got hurt, considering we carried +630 passengers!
I still have aftershocks when I realise what actually happened; and what could have happened!
What has this place come to that people steal railways!, with no afterthoughts for what the consequences might have, and indeed did amount to?
Dylan Knott

Re: Nobody hurt in Father's Day train accident

Post by Dylan Knott »

Agreed! Condolences and sympathies to FOTR members and the passengers.
Sad, so sad!
ch.janssen-schmidt

Re: Nobody hurt in Father's Day train accident

Post by ch.janssen-schmidt »

Henry,

Having just read of these tragic events, would like to acknowledge your contribution and the professional way the entire FotR crew conducted themselves during the very difficult circumstances. Credit too to all who helped behind the scenes, you are all a credit to the Friends of the Rail.

Regards
Charles Janssen Schmidt

Return to “FOTR - 3117 15F Accident and Appeal”