Locomotive3117 Repair Appeal

3117 had an accident on the 20th of June 2010 and as a result we have launched an appeal. Please post ANYTHING related to the incident, the recovery and the Appeal here! Photos (usual rules - 800 by 600 pixels, 135kb max) and docs can also be posted.
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Locomotive3117 Repair Appeal

Post by Steve Appleton »

Friends of the Rail appeals to all steam train lovers to donate funds to help us repair class 15F locomotive, No3117, after her recent unfortunate derailment at the hands of alleged thieves who removed, presumably stole, about 40-odd wooden sleepers on the Cullinan branch line. Please help !

You can download the appeal letter here:
Repair of 3117 appeal v005.pdf
(752.8 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
And you can read about it on our website here: http://www.friendsoftherail.com/index.p ... Itemid=124 .
That page also contains a PayPal link to enable you to make an immediate donation using PayPal.
Last edited by Steve Appleton on 27 Jun 2010, 18:02, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: updated appeal letter
"To train or not to train, that is the question"
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Locomotive3117 Repair Appeal

Post by John Ashworth »

There is now a PayPal option which might be particularly useful for overseas contributors - here
Jim Nolan

Post by Jim Nolan »

Well done for adding an international payment option
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Post by Steve Appleton »

We can now accept donations by Credit Card. In a very kind gensture these will be processed by Wilro Tours and Transfers, a local tour company whose owner, Eugene Armer, is a long-standing member of FOTR and is also a railway photographer of note.

We do not have on-line card facilities and card holders will need to complete the card authorisation form (attached) and fax it to our sales office at fax +27-86-537-0494 (phone +27-548-4090, email sales@friendsoftherail.com). Please phone or email to confirm its receipt.

Please note that to safeguard your security we do NOT recommend sending card information by email.

Wilro Tours' website can be accessed at: http://www.wilrotours.co.za/
Wilro_Logo.JPG
Wilro_Logo.JPG (37.81 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
Credit card donation.pdf
Credit Card Authorisation Form
(68.79 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Ian Roberts

Post by Ian Roberts »

I used the Paypal option on the 27th, yesterday I got a phone call from Paypal asking "Did I really want to send money to repair a locomotive"
Considering they might have got the wrong party on the phone, it could be cause for domestic friction in some marriages.
Not mine I hasten to add
Ian
Steve Appleton
Site Admin

Post by Steve Appleton »

Ian, I sorry this happened to you. It seems that PayPal is being less than pally. All went well when we initially set this account up. Then a few days ago, their 'compliance' people asked us for all sorts of documentation to prove our existence, our 'charitable' status, incorporation certificates, tax certificates, etc. It seems that PayPal may have been used in the past as a vehicle to raise cash for bogus purposes and I guess PayPal is protecting its consumers and itself, and it is their right to do so.
Unfortunately our marketing person who manages the sales bank account and also set the PayPal account up happened to be out of town and could do little immediately about it. Rest assured, its one of the wiggles in setting up such an appeal so quickly but we are attending to it.

Return to “FOTR - 3117 15F Accident and Appeal”