36's at Canal Walk station

Photos of Southern African Diesel Motive Power! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Stefan Andrzejewski

36's at Canal Walk station

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

My son took this pic with his phone waiting at the new Canal Walk station on his way to watch one of the World Cup Games. Century City is a big Park and Ride station. Thousand's of people have used this format of getting to World Cup games here in Cape Town. The Metro Trains have suddenly become popular. Here two 36's bring a load from Bellville or Montegue Gardens to Paarden Eiland.
Attachments
36s at canal walk1.jpg
36s at canal walk1.jpg (117.69 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
Jez Smith

Re: 36's at Canal Walk station

Post by Jez Smith »

Nice to see that your son is a railfan!
Stefan Andrzejewski

Re: 36's at Canal Walk station

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

Thanx Jez. He has always been one since he could walk and talk. My older son would not know the difference between Electric or steam. My daughter is also quiet a fan although she can't tell the different classes. She came with us last year to Jhb by train and enjoyed the trip. Whenever I was in the cab she was with me.

Return to “South Africa - Diesel Motive Power”