Posting rules....

Photos of motive and rolling stock, stations, signals and anything else train related in U.K. & Ireland! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space.

Moderator: John Ashworth

Kevin Wilson-Smith

Posting rules....

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space.

Any photos that are oversized will be deleted, as will any photos that are unrelated to rail matters.
bernarddodd

Re: Posting rules....

Post by bernarddodd »

Please I am not really very knowledgeable about these computer things or the posting of stuff on them.
Please what is a pixel how do I know how big photos are, I would love to send some photos now and again, but have no idea how to,
Cheers Bernard
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Start by trying to right click with your mouse on the photos.

You should then see an option called "Propeties". Left click on this and hoppefully it should tell you the size of the file in pixels and kb.

Pixels are a measurement - like inches or metres - and measure the size of the picture. Beilng a fil it alos has a "disk" size - kb or mg.

Once youy have got the sizes as aboiuve post back here, In thermenatime I will look for afree file resizer for you - maybe someone else has suggestins?
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

I use the GIMP, which I think was originally a Linux application but has been issued in Windows format. It does everything which Photoshop does. But because it does so much, it can be quite complicated to resize.

Some versions of Microsoft Office have a photo resizing option included.
bernarddodd

Post by bernarddodd »

Kevin, sorry not to reply earlier, been to N Wales to see guess what.
I did as you said it simply tells me the picture size is 1.22MB,also the disk size is 1.22MB, no mention of pixels or inches.
Don't know if it helps I use a Fuji Finepix A500 camera which has 5.1 mega pixels printed on it.
My photos seem to travel via Email no problem but do not know where to start on forums.
Cheers Bernard.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Bernard,

Thank you1

Give me a couple of days to find something and I will crawl out from under all the work and sort you out.

Cheers,

Return to “U.K. & Ireland - Photo Gallery”