Atlantic Rail rides again

Photos of Atlantic Rail! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Stefan Andrzejewski

Atlantic Rail rides again

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

After a period of two years ,Atlantic Rail with our Class 24 is allowed to roam the Cape Town lines. On Saturday we had two circular trips to Bellville, Pentech , Unibell, Mutual and back to Cape Town. Sunday's trip was out to Fish Hoek. (Simonstown is stiil closed). We were allowed to ride to Glencairn where we had a steam run past. The South Easter had covered the line with sand just before Glencairn so some manual labour was required to remove a large quantity of sand. At this point we attracted people like moths to a flame. We had hundreds watching the run past. All three trains were full. Our Friends of Atlantic Rail who had never worked together as a team, made the passengers comfortable and kept them informed of any changes. We came back along the Cape Flats line instead of Southern Suburbs. From driver to Coach Controllers the weekend was a huge success.We can only go from strength to strength here. More dates have been booked ,19 December, two Santa specials and the 9th and 30th January 2011 to Fish Hoek flyers. As I was crew for the day my son Chris and my wife Mel did the photos for me.
Attachments
IMG_6909.JPG
IMG_6909.JPG (93.04 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
IMG_6899.JPG
IMG_6899.JPG (112.32 KiB) Viewed 1701 times

Return to “Atlantic Rail”