NZ: Mainline Steam - The Northlander

Steam motive power and operations in Australia and New Zealand.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

NZ: Mainline Steam - The Northlander

Post by John Ashworth »

Northlander Auckland to Whangarei return.

Saturday 28th May 2011.

Here’s your chance to travel the scenic north line to Whangarei behind steam. With KiwiRail continuing to assess this line you can safely assume it is under threat of closure. Join Mainline Steam for this exciting steam train* journey behind Ja1275 as we travel over the newly renovated Western Line through the suburbs of Auckland. Then from Waitakere we continue northward through the beautiful, isolated scenery to New Zealand’s most northerly city Whangarei. The train is fully heated and has a buffet car where you can purchase light refreshments. On arrival in Whangarei you have time to explore the city and harbour side at your leisure.

A booking form is available here: http://www.mainlinesteam.co.nz/document ... whanga.pdf

*Please note that due to a shortage of steam crews the train will be steam hauled northward and a diesel will be added in front of the steam loco for the southbound trip in the evening. All Photostops will be northbound giving you ample opportunity to photograph and see Ja1275 in action.

Telephone 09 810 9567 for bookings or fax the booking form to 09 302 3003.

How can you help Mainline Steam?

One of the easiest ways for you to help is to tell all your friends about the excursions we offer. Perhaps you could email your friends the information and booking details of trips or print out the details and post them on the notice board at your work place. If you need more information for this I am happy to help, just give me a call.

A special deal for Mainline Steam Members.

On all our day excursions if you are a paid up member of Mainline Steam and get 10 or more people together for the trip we will give you a free seat on that excursion. How's that for a deal. Just call me if you have any questions and for the details.

Gift Certificates.

Don't forget that if you are looking for an ideal gift check out our Gift Certificates. Full details are available on the Excursion page of our web site.

Return to “Australia/New Zealand - Steam Motive Power”