Kenya Steam Safari Preparations 2

Photos of Kenyan Steam Motive Power! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Kenya Steam Safari Preparations 2

Post by John Ashworth »

A few more photos by John Ashworth in the Nairobi works, 30th April 2011
Attachments
What's that diesel doing in our shed? 4724 stands alongside 2409 in shop 006, which has become the steam shed.
What's that diesel doing in our shed? 4724 stands alongside 2409 in shop 006, which has become the steam shed.
steam_safari_prep_IMG_4311.JPG (68.05 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
3020's rods and bushes have found their way into the RVR workshop; RVR has kindly made its facilities fully available to ensure the success of the Steam Safari. Mr Francis Waweru, a Kenyan businessman who is one of the driving forces behind the current revival of steam in Kenya, is second from left (in "civilian" clothes).
3020's rods and bushes have found their way into the RVR workshop; RVR has kindly made its facilities fully available to ensure the success of the Steam Safari. Mr Francis Waweru, a Kenyan businessman who is one of the driving forces behind the current revival of steam in Kenya, is second from left (in "civilian" clothes).
steam_safari_prep_IMG_4313.JPG (57 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Francis discusses the work to be done on the bush with RVR staff
Francis discusses the work to be done on the bush with RVR staff
steam_safari_prep_IMG_4314.JPG (52.41 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
An electrician is working on 5918. This is one of the lights under the loco.
An electrician is working on 5918. This is one of the lights under the loco.
steam_safari_prep_IMG_4315.JPG (58.95 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
This old truck is still around. I've never seen it move, but it keeps popping up in different places around the works so I assume it is working
This old truck is still around. I've never seen it move, but it keeps popping up in different places around the works so I assume it is working
steam_safari_prep_IMG_4316.JPG (62.59 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

Return to “Kenya - Steam Motive Power - Photo Gallery”