What type of wagon is this?

Photos of Southern African Coaches, Rolling Stock & Miscellaneous Moving Items! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Warren Beck

What type of wagon is this?

Post by Warren Beck »

This one came past my place last week, spotted it again in Caledon on Tuesday. Have looked on the Spoornet website, closest I could come was that it's used to transport refined sugar, never seen one like this on the line (my garden fence is about 10m from the line). Thanks. I have attached a picture, sorry about the quality, was taken while driving. The wagon is the odd one out in the middle.
Attachments
wagon.jpg
wagon.jpg (166.5 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Warren Beck

Re: What type of wagon is this?

Post by Warren Beck »

Came past this morning, FCMJ, haven't found any info on it yet.
Aidan McCarthy

Post by Aidan McCarthy »

Hi,

Looks like either a FCJ-2 or FFLJ-1 both sugar wagons, more likely a FCJ-2 as the Spoornet website says this version is also used for grain.
Aidan McCarthy

See more of my railway photos at http://mccarthyam.rrpicturearchives.net/
Warren Beck

Post by Warren Beck »

Thanks Aidan. I see it carries 50,000kg compared to the 44,000kg of the FGLJ wagons we normally see.
First time I've seen them out this way, wonder if it was a for a special customer or what.

Return to “South Africa - Coaches, Rolling Stock & Miscellaneous Vehicles”