Forum Statistics in Graphic Form

Announcements and News about Friends of the Rail. Photos can be posted here.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Forum Statistics in Graphic Form

Post by John Ashworth »

As the FOTR Forum comes close to the end of its eighth year in existence (beginning in January 2007), I have bestirred myself to create a graph showing the cumulative number of posts (attached). In the coming days I'll try to create a few more graphs showing other statistics.
Attachments
posts_cumulative_dec2014.pdf
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Forum Statistics in Graphic Form

Post by John Ashworth »

I've done two more graphs this afternoon, members and posts per day (both attached).

If you look at the cumulative posts (above) and the members (first below), you can see that the forum is still growing in terms of number of posts and number of members, albeit at a flatter rate than a few years ago.

However if you look at the number of posts per day (second below), you can see that there is very little activity on the site compared to a few years ago. It peaked around January 2010, when there were an average of 24 posts per day in that month (giving a cumulative average of over 17 posts per day), whereas in November 2014 there were only 5 posts per day. The cumulative average has come down to around 12 posts per day, and is still dropping monthly.

Get posting!
Attachments
members_cumulative_dec2014.pdf
(16.64 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
posts_per_day_dec2014.pdf
(17.17 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Forum Statistics in Graphic Form

Post by John Ashworth »

One more, showing the percentage of members who have posted one or more posts, 10 or more posts, and 100 or more posts. It seems to have been fairly stable over the life of the forum.

Note that all the graphs are incomplete in the first couple of years when we didn't keep statistics.
Attachments
posts_percentages_dec2014.pdf
(16.86 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Return to “FOTR - Announcements and News”