As it was - tablet exchange

Photos of Southern African Electric Motive Power! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
John Ashworth
Site Admin

As it was - tablet exchange

Post by John Ashworth »

Liesel Hagen wrote:As it was, the changing of the tablet for a single track line. I was too small to remember where it was taken.
Attachments
As it was...<br /><br />(Photographer - Helmuth Hagen)
As it was...

(Photographer - Helmuth Hagen)
F1020017.JPG (49.02 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
Nathan Berelowitz

Re: As it was - tablet exchange

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Long time ago. Class 1E units it looks like. See the orange band on the side still ran the length of the locomotive. Later the band was shortened to just around the number plate area.
Gabor Kovacs
Friends of The Rail

Re: As it was - tablet exchange

Post by Gabor Kovacs »

Hi John,

Firstly please thank Liesel kindly for shearing this picture with us all and could you kindlt please ask Liesel Hagen, if she finds any more of her late fathers pictures (print or slide), would she please kindly have them scanned and forward then to you to place on our FotR forum.

I think many of us would appreciate pictures like this one, that are from the annuals of history! I certainly have appriciation to see depictions of the old SAR.

Can anyone makeout where this picture could have possibly been taken?
I certainly don't recognize the station. Thank you

Gabor
SAR - Steam Active Recruit

Return to “South Africa - Electric Motive Power”