GWR 4-4-0 + GWR 4-4-2 + MR 4-2-2

A Forum on the 1940' and 50's UK Railway Micromodels
Kevin Wilson-Smith

GWR 4-4-0 + GWR 4-4-2 + MR 4-2-2

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Second in the "pre-grouping" series - 6 color cards with the Midlands Railway Princess of Wales, and GWR's Atlantic and City of Truro.

Like the previous set this was produced in 1949 for 1/8d, and then reprinted in 1952 for 2/6d.
Attachments
mm1.jpg
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: GWR 4-4-0 + GWR 4-4-2 + MR 4-2-2

Post by John Ashworth »

As a matter of interest what are these worth nowadays as collectors' items?
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Depends on the rarity of the sets.

Common sets are around 5 to 20 pounds depending on condition and whether the packets are opened.

Rare sets - well generally around up to 50 pounds, but there a couple (only a couple) that could go over 100 pounds. Maybe more.

Complete sets or themed collections have a very high value indeed e.g. Train Sets or Architectural Sets.

The value is also very dependent on demand - this has dipped over the past few years, but recently this is now on the increase again as there is going interest in the models again. I would expect values to start increasing quite a bit in a few years.

Do you fancy trying one? If so I may be able to oblige!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Interesting. A lot of models and toys from that era are becoming valuable now. Unfortunately all my mine were so well used that they wouldn't have been worth anything even if I'd kept them. I remember a few years back my sister and I went to a toy museum in the north of England and were shocked to see that all the prize exhibits were everyday toys that we had had in the late '50s and early '60s.

I'll give Micromodels a miss - I'm still struggling to find time to work on my N-scale Garratt kit-bashing!

Return to “Micromodels”