Atlantic Rail - Ex Spier pictures

Photos of Atlantic Rail! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Gabor Kovacs
Friends of The Rail

Atlantic Rail - Ex Spier pictures

Post by Gabor Kovacs »

In 2006, when I last was invited down to Cape Town, for firing duties, and at the time No. 3655 was on loan to Spier from Western Cape Railway Trust (not sure if name is correct), I managed to get a few pictures of 3655 while I was helping with preperations of the loco for another trip up along the Table Bay sea-board, via Milnerton beach and then onto Champet!

Comes highly recommended if your are either a local or a visitor to CT!
Attachments
A stop close to Milnerton, to allow passengers a chance to warch yet another African Sunset!
A stop close to Milnerton, to allow passengers a chance to warch yet another African Sunset!
scan0015 resized.jpg (157.68 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
3655 alongside a Cape Town Platform
3655 alongside a Cape Town Platform
scan0014 resized.jpg (162.04 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
SAR Class 24 No 3655, patiently waits outside Cape Town Station for its next turn of duty! 2006
SAR Class 24 No 3655, patiently waits outside Cape Town Station for its next turn of duty! 2006
scan0013 resized.jpg (172.48 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
SAR - Steam Active Recruit
Nathan Berelowitz

Re: Atlantic Rail - Ex Spier pictures

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Driver Phillip Reimers and Firelady Darlene Reimers, worked the first new Atlantic Rail train set at end of June. Well done to AR for getting the steam on track in the Cape.
Marc Russell

Re: Atlantic Rail - Ex Spier pictures

Post by Marc Russell »

It certainly beats riding the MetroRail to Lyndoch, then walking along the tracks, darting a busy road and finally jumping over a small fence to get to Spier, which I have done on more than one occasion. Though it is always worth the trip!!

Return to “Atlantic Rail”