S.A.R. DVD or Video

News on new DVD's - local and international
M. Hardy-Randall

S.A.R. DVD or Video

Post by M. Hardy-Randall »

Some time ago I purchased copies of two videos 'Winterdampf am Kap 1 & 2'. I was very impressed with the photographic content but the raucous cacophony that was on most of the sound track was not enjoyable.

Does anybody know if the videos or DVDs' have been remastered without all the music? Or are there any other companies producing videos of the SAR?

Cheers

Malcolm
Nathan Berelowitz

Re: S.A.R. DVD or Video

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Friends of the Rail have a club video, Steam in Action are releasing a video and Vidrail productions run by Jean Dulez, does the mainstream local stuff. All items available on DVD.

There is Dick Gillatt who is converting early colour super 8mm sound film of SAR steam workings, onto DVD. Ver good material and of course historic.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

FOTR Club video - available from where?

I have video from the Anniversary run - who could process it? Does anyone want it? It was taken by Linda as an experiment and the quality is fair - could be good with editing (which I do not do yet for video being all tied up with still photos as it is.....
Nathan Berelowitz

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Aaah Kevin, we have the DVD made for us and spold in the lounge car. I was called yesterday by Ron Veale, who is producing the SIA dvd and he asked me if he could combine that very same dvd into the main SIA production, as all the clubs involved, were doing so. I agreed and when the publication is released, we wil be featured on the complete DVD set which will be marketed internationally aswell as locally. Perhaps, with Dick Gillatt, Chris J and myself, we have enough video material to put together a FOTR through the ages.

Return to “DVD News”