South African steam interest on Railroad.net

Steam motive power and operations in Southern Africa
John Ashworth
Site Admin

South African steam interest on Railroad.net

Post by John Ashworth »

I've contributed to a couple of threads on Railroad.net recently, and this has led to some questions about South African steam. I think people are interested in a country where steam can still be seen on the main line so routinely (as in Gauteng where, between ourselves, Rovos and Reefsteamers, you can see steam out on the complex almost every day).

If anyone would like to contribute to the discussions there, it's a phpBB discussion forum with exactly the same format as our own forum. You register just the same. The two discussions to which I've contributed recently are in the Steam Locomotives section, one entitled "ash removal?" and the other "South African Steam".

There are plenty of South African experts who know far more than I do, and this is a good opportunity to get some visibility for South African steam on a broader worldwide stage - Railroad.net has over 12,000 members!

I've also given them the link to our FOTR forum, so hopefully we'll see a few more international rail enthusiasts joining us too.

Return to “South Africa - Steam Motive Power”