Saldanha Loco Depot.

Photos of Southern African Diesel Motive Power! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Stefan Andrzejewski

Saldanha Loco Depot.

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

Following on from the Electrics. They have a variety of Diesel's stabled their. 34's,35's and 36's. All the SAR, Spoornet liveries can be seen. There were 2 34's still with their plates on.
Attachments
34's come idling passed
34's come idling passed
36 stands idling with another in the background
36 stands idling with another in the background
Nathan Berelowitz

Re: Saldanha Loco Depot.

Post by Nathan Berelowitz »

Interesting, but try get the photo without the pole in the way!! Not being a diesel fan, I can accept this!! However...
Stefan Andrzejewski

As I said in the Electric section. My position for taking photos was very limited.
Jez Smith

Post by Jez Smith »

Never mind, Stefan - At least it is still possible to just turn up and wander around a depot in SA, unlike the UK, where a railfan's presence is treated as a threat to national security!

When I was a kid (I mean aged 10 and up), I could wander into any shed in the land, and ask to take pics, and the reply was always "DON'T FALL IN ANY INSPECTION PITS!!"

Now, I drive trains, but anyone seen with a camera is disciplined... A friend who has a YouTube channel (DVG452) has recently had to remove footage, as he feared for his job.

I am getting married in January 2010 in SA, and I hope to honeymoon in Cape Town - I hope to secure a little Train Driving Work in SA with the hope of moving so SA very soon. Wish me luck!!
Stefan Andrzejewski

Its starting to get like Fort Knox here as well.

Return to “South Africa - Diesel Motive Power”