Trans Orange set, interior pics

Photos of Southern African Coaches, Rolling Stock & Miscellaneous Moving Items! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
Morne Bothma

Trans Orange set, interior pics

Post by Morne Bothma »

This set with more or less the same interior as the Premiere Classe with porcalyne toilet and washing basin has been running the CPT-DUR route for the past 4 years! Not to sure wether these were earlier premiere classe coaches. I have not seen these coaches on the Trans-Karoo sets before.
Attachments
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG (60.93 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG (98.58 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
Stefan Andrzejewski

Re: Trans Orange set, interior pics

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

Yes these are vastly different from the normal Shos Meyl Tourist class stock
Dylan Knott

Post by Dylan Knott »

How many sets are there?
Morne Bothma

Post by Morne Bothma »

To my knowledge this is the only set running between CPT and Durban. I recall some of the coach no. from prev. journeys as this was the 5th time we travel on this particular set. Far nicer then the orig. Trans - Karoo sets! First time we traveled this set was June 2007.
fanie kleynhans

Post by fanie kleynhans »

Morne, is the same set used for the return trip to Cape Town? According to the schedule the train arrive in Durban 07:45 and depart the same evening 18:00. Im thinking of doing this trip in future but dont want to miss the return train in case of major delays going that way. I hope my question makes sense!
Stefan Andrzejewski

Post by Stefan Andrzejewski »

That is one train trip I have never done.
Morne Bothma

Post by Morne Bothma »

Hi Fanie, yes the very same set returns from Durban on Fridays 18:00! If this train gets delayed badly from CPT - DUR then the return will also be affected! I have done this route several times and can really recommend it strongly! Especialy with this set running and the fares is dirt cheap!! R450 to Durban and R500 back! The nice part of this journey is that you get to spend 2 nights on the train to Dur. and the same with the return and for a train lover like me that is heavens!! To my knowledge this is the longest SM trip in the country! The general service on the train is also not to bad at all. The patronage on this train and journey has grown exponentialy over the past 3 years wich to me is fantastic to see!

Return to “South Africa - Coaches, Rolling Stock & Miscellaneous Vehicles”