SUPPORT THE REBUILD - 15F Print Offer by Les Pivnic

3117 had an accident on the 20th of June 2010 and as a result we have launched an appeal. Please post ANYTHING related to the incident, the recovery and the Appeal here! Photos (usual rules - 800 by 600 pixels, 135kb max) and docs can also be posted.
Kevin Wilson-Smith

SUPPORT THE REBUILD - 15F Print Offer by Les Pivnic

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Charlie Lewis and Les Pivnic are kindly offering stunning prints of a 15F locomotive at work, the proceeds of which will go to our fund.

Charles Lewis has written as follows;

Les Pivnic and I were distressed to hear about the derailment at Cullinan.

Les has made some of his classic photos from the heyday of the 15F available to help raise funds for the repairs to No. 3117. We would like to sell prints of the photos, proceeds to be used to support this vital project.

The procedure would be as follows:

Once you have selected one or more of the four pictures, you would forward the price of the print (see below) directly to FOTR.

Upon proof of payment I will post the print/s to you in a stout large-diameter tube. Neither Les nor I will be deducting any moneys – Les’s contribution will be the magnificent signed print while mine will be the printing, packaging and posting.

The prints are not cheap but as limited editions (each image will be limited to 20 copies) but will in the course of time surely become collectors’ items.

I have already printed all four images to A3+ (48.3X32.9cm) and they are quite breathtaking. For instance, you can almost feel the ground shake as you gaze at 432, the Jo’burg – East London/PE express bearing down on the photographer at a level crossing just south of Viljoensdrif in 1959.

Some long-forgotten details are clear in this pin sharp picture, for instance, the slot in the front Buckeye coupler to accommodate link-and-pin couplings – still with a link in place, the ladder mounted on the running board – long since removed, the proper headlight and the period rake of clerestory stock. That this F was really moving can be deduced from the slight blurring of the front edge of the left-hand smoke deflector and the rods.

Prices (including postage) are R140 for an A4 print and R500 for A3+.

We hope this will be an attractive way to raise funds for this exceptionally worthy cause.

More details:
locolewis@gmail.com

Charlie Lewis
Attachments
pics.jpg
pics.jpg (134.12 KiB) Viewed 1920 times

Return to “FOTR - 3117 15F Accident and Appeal”