Eurostar: Paris to London Waterloo Drivers Eye View Video125

News on new DVD's - local and international
Kevin Wilson-Smith

Eurostar: Paris to London Waterloo Drivers Eye View Video125

Post by Kevin Wilson-Smith »

Filmed a couple of years ago, this is a really interesting overview of a run on the Channnel Tunnel line.

We start the Driver's Eye View at Paris and run through the Northern suburbs of Paris. Then onto the high speed line (LGV Nord) before the one stop Lille. Then, into the Channel Tunnel itself, where the train is also followed from the Control Centre at Folkestone (as well as the cab view). From the tunnel we then run over the Channel Tunnel Rail Link (CTRL1), and via Ashford International station and the River Medway, then reach the suburbs of South London and Waterloo International.

Good quality, with the static drivers eye view favored by Video 125 - and which personally I like, as it enables one to concentrate on the controls and trip itself.

Running time is 2 hours over the whole route. Recommended, especially if you have done, or intend to do, this trip!

Available from Video 125. UK
Attachments
euro.jpg
euro.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 6995 times
billymillest

Re: Eurostar: Paris to London Waterloo Drivers Eye View Vide

Post by billymillest »

i know this is an old post and the dvd is no longer out the Paris to Waterloo edition but i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find it now or it anyone was selling a copy as i would be very interested thanks
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Welcome to the forum, Billy, and I hope someone can answer your query. You might try contacting Video 125 to see if they are still selling it.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:Welcome to the forum, Billy, and I hope someone can answer your query. You might try contacting Video 125 to see if they are still selling it.

hi is their anyone i could contact or a place on here i could ask someone to see if they are selling it, i know video 125 no longer sell it and have out a new Eurostar dvd to their new terminus in London, just trying to find this rare dvd, i was lucky to find at the end of 2013 on Ebay the old Central dvd which has the old non longer going Epping to Ongar route, was very lucky. now trying to find this old one of the Eurostar. anywytihng at all would be fab
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Yes, you're welcome to ask people here if anyone has it and would like to sell it to you. i don't think we have a special place for it, so here is as good a place as any.

I grew up on the Central Line, in Barkingside, and I remember occasionally riding on the old line out to Ongar back in the sixties and '70s. I also remember using the Tube to go to the North Weald air show, which used to be quite a big event.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:Yes, you're welcome to ask people here if anyone has it and would like to sell it to you. i don't think we have a special place for it, so here is as good a place as any.

I grew up on the Central Line, in Barkingside, and I remember occasionally riding on the old line out to Ongar back in the sixties and '70s. I also remember using the Tube to go to the North Weald air show, which used to be quite a big event.

how cool to of been on the old Ongar branch it closed the year i was born i never got to ride it, do you happen to have the dvd Eurostar to Waterloo yourself John
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

No, sorry, I don't have it. You could try contacting Kevin Wilson-Smith by Private Message, but I don't think he looks at the forum much these days.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:No, sorry, I don't have it. You could try contacting Kevin Wilson-Smith by Private Message, but I don't think he looks at the forum much these days.
hi

John i have now contacted Kevin to ask him lets hope he does reply, if he does not do you have any other way i could get in touch with him or anywhere else i may find the dvd

thanks Billy
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

If Kevin doesn't respond, let me know and I'll follow up.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:If Kevin doesn't respond, let me know and I'll follow up.

thanks i did message him yesterday and he asked where i was from i replied saying the UK but nothing back from him as of yet is he normally this slow with his replies back
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

If he has already responded to you once then I think the best thing is to continue talking to him by Private Message, even if it takes a while.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:If he has already responded to you once then I think the best thing is to continue talking to him by Private Message, even if it takes a while.
True
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:If he has already responded to you once then I think the best thing is to continue talking to him by Private Message, even if it takes a while.

i am on cloud nine right now so high i just found the rare Eurostar Paris - Waterloo dvd from video 125 for sale on Amazon and a shockingly cheap price for what it was don't think the company knew how cheap it was an what its really worth, if i was to sell it on on ebay i could get a fair pew bob for it anyway its going in my personal collection so happy :D £7.99 for the dvd its self which is a shockingly good price considering brand new they cost £20 and now its not in production with the costs of postage added on it cost all together £9.25 the second i saw it on their i quickly with out a seconds thought bought it. ah so happy and i now cant wit to buy and watch it, will be fab to compare it with the new eurostar dvd when i get it in the future, will be cool to see them both from Paris to Waterloo & Brussels Midi to London St Pancras Int. so happy found two of the rare video 125 dvds with in two weeks of each other that i have wanted for months :)
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Post by John Ashworth »

Congratulations! It's a great feeling when you find something rare that you really want. With me it's not so much DVDs and videos but books; I've been amazed at some of the rare railway books I have found online, often at very reasonable prices. Although perhaps one of the rarest was a cartoon book - the Cloggies from Private Eye - which had nothing to do with railways but which a certain generation of Britons would appreciate. Since then I've had private offers for it, but I'm not selling.
billymillest

Post by billymillest »

John Ashworth wrote:Congratulations! It's a great feeling when you find something rare that you really want. With me it's not so much DVDs and videos but books; I've been amazed at some of the rare railway books I have found online, often at very reasonable prices. Although perhaps one of the rarest was a cartoon book - the Cloggies from Private Eye - which had nothing to do with railways but which a certain generation of Britons would appreciate. Since then I've had private offers for it, but I'm not selling.
Sure is a fab feeling yes been looking for the dvd for months and well done to you with the book too it's fab when you find something so rare makes you treasure it more it's my 3rd rare video 125 find now and second in a couple of weeks the other one was over a year ago now

Return to “DVD News”