Death of a station? Buffeljagsrivier

Photos of Southern African Stations, Signals, Infrastructure and Miscellaneous railway items! Photos should be 800x600 pixels, maximum size 130K. Very good ones will be moved to the Online Gallery, the rest will be pruned away after 14 days to conserve space. If you have photos of FOTR Engines and Stock, please post them in the FOTR Gallery in the Friends of the Rail Forum above.
hansieswart

Death of a station? Buffeljagsrivier

Post by hansieswart »

Another attempt to post the photos that were supposed to go with my post on the suspected demolition of Buffeljagsrivier Station in "Stations, signals and infrastructure" Looks like it was successful at last - except that they appear in the opposite order of what I attached them. But there you are:
See Hansie's story at: http://www.friendsoftherail.com/phpBB2/ ... 660#p29660
Attachments
While I was taking photographs, a train arrived and I couldn't resist photographing what may turn out to be the last train at an intact station
While I was taking photographs, a train arrived and I couldn't resist photographing what may turn out to be the last train at an intact station
IMG_1556.JPG (40.32 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG (45.47 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
These guys mean business
These guys mean business
IMG_1550.JPG (44.73 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Goods shed
Goods shed
IMG_1548.JPG (48.47 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
This looks ominous
This looks ominous
IMG_1544.JPG (50.21 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Anybody in need of a good used gantry?
Anybody in need of a good used gantry?
IMG_1545.JPG (36.84 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
IMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG (28.77 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG (35.48 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Main Station building
Main Station building
IMG_1534.JPG (30.98 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: Death of a station? Buffeljagsrivier

Post by John Ashworth »

Thanks, Hansie. As you noted in your other thread, there are "discussion" sections of the forum which do not accept photographs. This is so that users with slow internet connections can participate in the discussions without having to wait for a lot of photos to load every time. Then there is a "photo gallery" for each section, specifically for photos.

For some reason the forum accepts attachments in the reverse order to the way an e-mail does. If I'm attaching files to an e-mail, the one I attach first appears first, second appears second, etc. With the forum it is the other way round. The one I attach first appears as the last one, the second appears second last, etc, with the last attachment appearing first. Don't ask me why! You get used to it eventually!
Derek Walker

Re: Death of a station? Buffeljagsrivier

Post by Derek Walker »

i think Steam in Action may be interested in this one. http://www.steam-in-action.com/
Not quite on the rails.
Check out my train vids. http://www.youtube.com/user/nixops

Return to “South Africa - Stations, Signals, Infrastructure and Miscellaneous”