New Uganda Railway book: 'A Railway to Nowhere'

News on new books - local and international. News and reviews on magazines as well!
John Ashworth
Site Admin

New Uganda Railway book: 'A Railway to Nowhere'

Post by John Ashworth »

Kevin Patience wrote:At long last Steve Mills latest book A RAILWAY to NOWHERE is off the press. 4 years in the making with lots of new pix and combined with the text from Brian Yonge's 1970s manuscript this is the best book on the building of the Uganda Railway 1896 - 1901 todate. I was asked by Steve to help edit this tome and it proved a challenging task. 293 pages hard back with dust jacket and comes in a nice cardboard box like the previous books with important biographies, maps, diagrams and appendix. Depending on the number of orders I may take on the the UK distribution...Please circulate to other Kenya people and if you are interested let me know.
Kevin can be contacted at saburi@hotmail.com
John Ashworth
Site Admin

Re: New Uganda Railway book: 'A Railway to Nowhere'

Post by John Ashworth »

A Railway to Nowhere: The Building of the Lunatic Line 1896-1901, Stephen Mills and Brian Yonge, Mills Publishing 2012, ISBN 99667094-3-6.

I've just received my copy delivered to my door in Nairobi, signed by the author and with a certificate of authenticity that it "is one of a limited edition". Mine is no 0133.

At first glance it looks impressive. It is coffee table size, but with plenty of text as well as photos, all in a sort of brown sepia tint. I'll write more when I've had a chance to look at it properly.

The author can be contacted at <steve@millspublishing.com>
Philip Martin

Re: New Uganda Railway book: 'A Railway to Nowhere'

Post by Philip Martin »

Here is Amazon's write up. The editorial review is very good. https://www.amazon.com/Railway-Nowhere- ... 9966709436

Return to “Book/Magazine News”